The OtterCard serves primarily as a student identification card to receive the following services:
- library card
- campus shuttle and MST buss pass
- Otter Sports Center pass
- discount card at participant local retailers
- Live in the Residential Halls, your OtterCard is used as an "Electronic Key." You need your OtterCard to gain access to the Residential Halls.
- Purchase a Meal Plan, your OtterCard is used to keep track of your Meal Points. You need your OtterCard at all dining facilities.
You can add "OtterBucks" to your card online or at the Campus Service Center to be used as a debit card at all dining facilities, the campus bookstore, and selected vending and copy machines.
The OtterCard program is funded by the students. A $10.00 replacement fee is charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards.
Card care tips:Do not:
- leave in direct sunlight for example on the dash of a car
- expose to extreme heat or open flames
- expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits
- machine wash
- use as an ice scraper or scraping tool
- crimp, punch holes, bend, or twist card
- immerse in alcohol, Isopropyl, ethanol, methyl etc.
- pound with a pen or tool